Sunday, October 14, 2007

[] DiSDaiNFuL PuRPoSe []

What is the purpose of life? It is much of a hassle to ask the question. Can it really be that objective? On the first place, does life really had a purpose? My mind cannot decipher an exact answer to the question. Must it have been that even I who tried to live in this foolish life of mine hasn't seen any purpose for my existence?

I went to philosphy not knowing where I might end up one day. Should I be running an extravagant company in the middle of makati, a sales agent in one of the big malls in our country or maybe a call center agent speaking accented english over a phone talking to a blonde lady buying electonic appliances? This idea enters my mind oftenly since I went deciding my future over a course which does not promise a million-bucks-salary after graduation. People around me even joked that i might become an old hogged intellectual sitting under a tree looking up the sky asking : " Is their God?" Would I ever be a stereo-typed philosopher in the middle of the forest or the mountain ranges of sierra madre ( random choice... I was just there a week ago... haha) ?

I wouldn't want to end up like that. I would like to be an intellectual but never a nomad. But even knowing my occupation in the future doesn't give me the answer on the purpose of my life. I hate myself for venturing on things in my life eventhough I don't know any reason for me to do so. Almost everyone knows how happy-go-lucky I am. Without any hesitation I'd find myself in places I don't know where to or what for. I usually am in trouble because of my adventurous instinct but people around me are always there to help. Is this all that I am? Am i purposed to make problems and be saved afterwards?

I give a big deal on my purpose. No one exist for nothing, I so do believe. I hate not knowing what I am for. Taking to consideration the worlds magnanimity, what is my part in it? Am I just a dust, an add-on to this world whose beauty incompassable? Can I simply be nothing? Do I exist for that matter, for only the existing does have purpose? We should ask Descartes on that matter. Can he prove my existence?
(very philosophical... oohh.. please... its sembreak... haha)

I cannot arrive to any answer. I failed myself for I cannot see an importance to my existence. I'm nothing but a blank canvass waiting an artist to paint my art. Nothing is in my future for nothing is seen through me. Could I ever find an answer? That I couldn't answer but I believe I do have a purpose. I exist ain't I? Maybe not now but sometime later. I know it. I'm not just a dust or a hogged nomad. Im for something much better. A millionaire? A star? that i may not know for now. But I know I would be one.

It just might not be worth finding a purpose for now. But i'll live my days finding one. And as long as i am here. I have a purpose. I must have one. I do have one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ive been asking the same question...

basta, live yer life na lang..